To build a strong and dedicated theater team; to experiment with different types of theater techniques; to promote the culture of Bangladeshi theater, and to create social awareness about different social and critical issues. Our vision is to get recognition nationally, internationally.
- Earn critical acclaim, attract capacity audiences.
- Produce unique and meaningful theater experiences in tune with our community.
- To promote theater activities in private universities.
- Help students to have exposure and experience different types of theater techniques.
- Understand the rich culture and history of theater.
- Campaign for bringing young people closer to the stage to be innovative and experimental.
- Theater ULAB has staged around 13 plays in and outside of ULAB. To name some of them, Ekushe February (an adapted play from the novel by Jahir Raihan), 1971 (a play written by Dr. Razia Khan Amin), Bhab o Obhab (a comedy by Rabindranath Tagore), Voddornok, Bornochora by Momtazuddin Ahamed on the occasion of Independence Day 24 March 2012, KhudhitoPashan’ inspired by Rabindranath Tagore’s short story was performed on 11 April 2013 at Chayanaut Auditorium, Satmasjid Road, Dhanmondi. Eminent TV personality Ramendu Mojumdar was present as the chief guest and Vice-Chancellor Imran Rahman was the special guest of the program.
- Organized a workshop on Stick Play on 11-17 December 2011. Workshop and training on meditation, body flexibility and voice control were held on 15-30 May 2012.
- Participated in Inter-University Drama Festival 2008 in Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
- To create public awareness against domestic violence ”Jagoroner Jatra” by Bottola was brought to ULAB on 28 June 2012 Campus A Auditorium where ULAB Vice-Chancellor Professor Imran Rahman was the chief guest.
Md. Muntasir Mamun
Department of English and Humanities
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Theatre-ULAB/131879916884278
FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theatreulab/
Official Mail Address: [email protected]